Fifty-three patients with multiple myeloma (MM) underwent an allogeneic stem cell transplant (HSCT) from their HLA identical siblings using a reduced-intensity conditioning consisting of thiotepa 5 mg/kg, fludarabine 90 mg/m2, and melphalan 80 mg/m2. Their median age was 52 years (range 38 – 68) and the interval from diagnosis 12 months. Forty-three patients (82%) had advanced disease and 33 had previously been treated with high-dose therapy with one (N=21), or more (N=12) autologous transplants. Ten (18%) had their allograft programmed after induction chemotherapy. The majority (N=44) received peripheral blood as stem cell source. Acute graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) grade II – IV developed in 45%, but grade III – IV in only 5%. Cumulative incidence of chronic GVHD was 64%. Sixty-two per cent were in complete remission (CR) following transplantation. Transplant-related mortality was 13%. Relapse incidence was 32%. With a median follow-up of 22 months, 3-year overall survival is 45% and progression free survival (PFS) 37%. The thiotepa, fludarabine,and melphalan conditioning regimen can produce remissions in the majority of MM patients with a limited transplant mortality rate. When used as first line treatment the results of transplantation appear even more encouraging.

Reduced intensity conditioning with thiotepa, fludarabine, and melphalan is effective in advanced multiple mieloma / I., Majolino; M., Davoli; E., Carnevalli; A., Locasciulli; P., DI BARTOLOMEO; R., Scimè; P., Corradini; C., Selleri; Narni, Franco; M., Musso; M., Bregni; A., Olivieri; P., DE FABRITIIS; L., Pogliani; J. E., DUQUE ARBELAEZ; C., Ruscio; A., Bacigalupo. - In: LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA. - ISSN 1042-8194. - STAMPA. - 48:(2007), pp. 759-766.

Reduced intensity conditioning with thiotepa, fludarabine, and melphalan is effective in advanced multiple mieloma

NARNI, Franco;
2007

Abstract

Fifty-three patients with multiple myeloma (MM) underwent an allogeneic stem cell transplant (HSCT) from their HLA identical siblings using a reduced-intensity conditioning consisting of thiotepa 5 mg/kg, fludarabine 90 mg/m2, and melphalan 80 mg/m2. Their median age was 52 years (range 38 – 68) and the interval from diagnosis 12 months. Forty-three patients (82%) had advanced disease and 33 had previously been treated with high-dose therapy with one (N=21), or more (N=12) autologous transplants. Ten (18%) had their allograft programmed after induction chemotherapy. The majority (N=44) received peripheral blood as stem cell source. Acute graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) grade II – IV developed in 45%, but grade III – IV in only 5%. Cumulative incidence of chronic GVHD was 64%. Sixty-two per cent were in complete remission (CR) following transplantation. Transplant-related mortality was 13%. Relapse incidence was 32%. With a median follow-up of 22 months, 3-year overall survival is 45% and progression free survival (PFS) 37%. The thiotepa, fludarabine,and melphalan conditioning regimen can produce remissions in the majority of MM patients with a limited transplant mortality rate. When used as first line treatment the results of transplantation appear even more encouraging.
48
759
766
Reduced intensity conditioning with thiotepa, fludarabine, and melphalan is effective in advanced multiple mieloma / I., Majolino; M., Davoli; E., Carnevalli; A., Locasciulli; P., DI BARTOLOMEO; R., Scimè; P., Corradini; C., Selleri; Narni, Franco; M., Musso; M., Bregni; A., Olivieri; P., DE FABRITIIS; L., Pogliani; J. E., DUQUE ARBELAEZ; C., Ruscio; A., Bacigalupo. - In: LEUKEMIA & LYMPHOMA. - ISSN 1042-8194. - STAMPA. - 48:(2007), pp. 759-766.
I., Majolino; M., Davoli; E., Carnevalli; A., Locasciulli; P., DI BARTOLOMEO; R., Scimè; P., Corradini; C., Selleri; Narni, Franco; M., Musso; M., Bregni; A., Olivieri; P., DE FABRITIIS; L., Pogliani; J. E., DUQUE ARBELAEZ; C., Ruscio; A., Bacigalupo
File in questo prodotto:
Non ci sono file associati a questo prodotto.
Pubblicazioni consigliate

Caricamento pubblicazioni consigliate

Licenza Creative Commons
I metadati presenti in IRIS UNIMORE sono rilasciati con licenza Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal, mentre i file delle pubblicazioni sono rilasciati con licenza Attribuzione 4.0 Internazionale (CC BY 4.0), salvo diversa indicazione.
In caso di violazione di copyright, contattare Supporto Iris

Utilizza questo identificativo per citare o creare un link a questo documento: https://hdl.handle.net/11380/610268
Citazioni
  • ???jsp.display-item.citation.pmc??? 6
  • Scopus 25
  • ???jsp.display-item.citation.isi??? 18
social impact