The subcellular distribution of untransformed glucocorticoid-receptor complex in vivo has been studied by chemical crosslinking of intact cells, and using a procedure adequate for correction of experimental errors due to redistribution of components between cytosolic and nuclear fractions. We found that in HeLa S-3 cells 85.4% of total glucocorticoid-receptor complexes are located in nuclei, and 14.6% are cytosolic. If measurements were performed with MCF-7 cells, we determined that the nuclear pool of glucocorticoid-receptor complexes accounts for 75.2% of the total cellular content, whereas the remaining 24.8% are cytosolic. When the subcellular distribution of estrogen-receptor complexes was determined, instead, we found that they are almost exclusively located in nuclei of MCF-7 cells, which contain 88.9% of the total. In order to estimate the molar concentration of receptors in cytosol and nuclei of intact cells, we determined the free water content of the two compartments. The volume of solvent was found to vary in the three cell lines we have studied, and our data showed that these variations are due to the cytosolic fractions, as the free water content of nuclei is essentially the same in those cells. When the free water content and the levels of glucocorticoid-receptor complexes we have measured were used to estimate the molar concentrations of receptors, we found that these range between 0.4 and 18.9 nM in cytosols, and between 3.9 and 6.3 nM in nuclei of the three cell lines we have studied. We then concluded that the relative distribution of untransformed glucocorticoid-receptor complexes between cytosol and nuclei is cell-specific but their molar concentration in the nuclear compartment does not greatly vary among different cells.
Attenzione! Scheda prodotto non ancora validata dall'Ateneo
Dati e metadati della pubblicazione sono in fase di verifica da parte dell'Ateneo. In caso di errori o violazione dei diritti d'autore, contattare: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Anno di pubblicazione:||1994|
|Titolo:||NANOMOLAR CONCENTRATIONS OF UNTRANSFORMED GLUCOCORTICOID RECEPTOR IN NUCLEI OF INTACT-CELLS|
|Autori:||ROSSINI GP; MALAGUTI C|
|Autori interni:||ROSSINI, Gian Paolo|
|Rivista:||JOURNAL OF STEROID BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||Articolo su rivista|
File in questo prodotto:
I documenti presenti in Iris Unimore sono rilasciati con licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Non opere derivate 3.0 Italia, salvo diversa indicazione.
In caso di violazione di copyright, contattare Supporto Iris